Find attached a Notice of the USF Annual General Assembly due on Saturday 18 March 2017 at the UOC Secretariat, Lugogo.
The following are available for download below -
(1) The USF 2017 Election Guidelines;
(2) The USF 2017 Elections Nomination Form
(3) A full List of all USF Registered Members as at 31 Dec 2016
(4) A list of USF Members in Good Standing at at 6 February 2017
(4) The USF Revised Constitution
(5) The National Council of Sports Regulations 2014.
The rest of the documents will be forwarded to Members in Good Standing in due course.
This is to request you to receive the Notice and attached accompanying documents, and to -
(1) Nominate 2 Delegates (voting and non-voting) by the date indicated;
(2) Study the Election Guidelines, in case of those interested in elective positions on the USF Executive, and to fill out the Nomination Form according to the attached Guidelines.
This is to remind those Members including their respective Athletes and Coaches not yet paid up for 2017 and arrears for previous years to settle your dues urgently.
Please CONFIRM receipt of this correspondence soonest.
Moses B. Mwase
UGANDA SWIMMING FEDERATION
Consultative Meeting on USF Annual General Assembly Issues on 23 Feb 2017
NCS Regulations 2014
Notice of USF Elective Annual Gen Assembly of 18 March 2017
USF 2017 Elections - Nomination Form (REVISED)
USF Election Guidelines 2017 (REVISED)
USF Members in Good Standing - As of 6 Feb 2017
USF Members Reg Numbers
USF Revised Constitution - Effective 1 January 2015 (FINA Approved)
Let's bring them home
Uganda travel to Zimbabwe with biggest CANA contingent
by ZwemZa on February 11th, 2017
Zimbabwean Sport and Recreation Minister, Makhosini Hlongwane on Thursday briefed Vice President Phelekezela Mphoko on the country’s state of preparedness for the hosting of the African Swimming Confederation (Cana) Zone IV Championships which kick off on next Thursday in Bulawayo.
The regional meet will run from February 16 to 19.
By Moses B. MWASE
The Uganda Olympic Committee held at Elective Annual General Assembly on Saturday 28 January 2017.
The Elected Members of the UOC Executive for the 2017 - 2020 Quadrennial are:
1. Mr. William BLICK, President
2. Ambrose TASHOBYA, 1st Vice President
3. Ms. Beatrice AYIKORU, 2nd Vice President
4. Dr. Donald RUKARE, Secretary General
5. Mr. Dunstan NSUBUGA, Asst. Secretary General
6. Mr. Godfrey NUWAGABA, Treasurer
Executive Committee Members:
7. Mr. Moses B. MWASE
8. Mr. Sadik Z. NASIWU
Executive Committee Members – Women:
9. Mrs. Sheila Agonzibwa RICHARDSON
10. Ms. Sharifa SSANYU
National Council of Sports (NCS) had on Wednesday 25 January 2017, through an instructive letter by General Secretary Mr. Nicholas Muramagi, tried to block the election citing illegalities in organization and UOC identifying with a number of Federations not recognized by NCS.
The NCS letter was preceded by an attempt by Mr. Godfrey NYAKANA, Patron of the Uganda Boxing Federation (UBF) and Mr. Fred KAVUMA, UBF Publicity Secretary to obtain a Court Order staying the UOC Elective Assembly which Court declined to entertain on 25 January 2017. The Assembly sanctioned the 2 gentlemen who were barred from participating in UOC Affairs, for their actions of seeking to drag the UOC thru the Civil Courts in total disregard of internal dispute resolution mechanisms enshrined in the UOC Constitution.
Following the Election, the UOC Executive announced new Commissions which several Members of the USF Executive were appointed to as follow -
1. Dr. Donald RUKARE
2. Mr. Moses B. MWASE
3. Mr. Peter S. MUGISHA
4. Dr. Nana J. NAKIDDU
5. Ms. Lillian MUGISHA
6. Mr. Max KANYEREZI
7. Mr. Ganzi MUGULA