by ZwemZa on February 11th, 2017
Zimbabwean Sport and Recreation Minister, Makhosini Hlongwane on Thursday briefed Vice President Phelekezela Mphoko on the country’s state of preparedness for the hosting of the African Swimming Confederation (Cana) Zone IV Championships which kick off on next Thursday in Bulawayo.
The regional meet will run from February 16 to 19.
By Moses B. MWASE
The Uganda Olympic Committee held at Elective Annual General Assembly on Saturday 28 January 2017.
The Elected Members of the UOC Executive for the 2017 - 2020 Quadrennial are:
1. Mr. William BLICK, President
2. Ambrose TASHOBYA, 1st Vice President
3. Ms. Beatrice AYIKORU, 2nd Vice President
4. Dr. Donald RUKARE, Secretary General
5. Mr. Dunstan NSUBUGA, Asst. Secretary General
6. Mr. Godfrey NUWAGABA, Treasurer
Executive Committee Members:
7. Mr. Moses B. MWASE
8. Mr. Sadik Z. NASIWU
Executive Committee Members – Women:
9. Mrs. Sheila Agonzibwa RICHARDSON
10. Ms. Sharifa SSANYU
National Council of Sports (NCS) had on Wednesday 25 January 2017, through an instructive letter by General Secretary Mr. Nicholas Muramagi, tried to block the election citing illegalities in organization and UOC identifying with a number of Federations not recognized by NCS.
The NCS letter was preceded by an attempt by Mr. Godfrey NYAKANA, Patron of the Uganda Boxing Federation (UBF) and Mr. Fred KAVUMA, UBF Publicity Secretary to obtain a Court Order staying the UOC Elective Assembly which Court declined to entertain on 25 January 2017. The Assembly sanctioned the 2 gentlemen who were barred from participating in UOC Affairs, for their actions of seeking to drag the UOC thru the Civil Courts in total disregard of internal dispute resolution mechanisms enshrined in the UOC Constitution.
Following the Election, the UOC Executive announced new Commissions which several Members of the USF Executive were appointed to as follow -
1. Dr. Donald RUKARE
2. Mr. Moses B. MWASE
3. Mr. Peter S. MUGISHA
4. Dr. Nana J. NAKIDDU
5. Ms. Lillian MUGISHA
6. Mr. Max KANYEREZI
7. Mr. Ganzi MUGULA
Uganda has sent a Team of 8 to the ongoing 13th FINA World Swimming Championships 2 - 12 December 2016 and will be represented as follows -
1. Dr. Donald RUKARE - FINA Bureau Member/ USF President
2. Mr. Peter S. MUGISHA - FINA Referee/USF 1st Vice President (Administration)
3. Mr. Abel D. KYAKULUMBYE - Team Coach/USF 2nd Vice President (Technical) - NF representative at the FINA Delegates Convention and the SC Swimming Championships
4. Dr. Nana J. NAKIDDU - USF Executive Committee Member/Chairperson Medical Commission - attending FINA Medical Convention
5. Mr. Tonnie KASUJJA - USF National Coach - attending the FINA Coaches Gold Clinic
6. Mr. Joshua Tibatemwa EKIRIKUBINZA - Swimmer/Team Captain
7. Mr. Arnold S. KISULO - Swimmer
8. Ms. Anthea N. MUDANYE - Swimmer