We would like to kindly request that you forward to us nominations of suitable candidates for consideration to attend the training course on Sports Management for 2017 at Leipzig University in Germany by cob Wednesday 30th November 2016. Preference is for senior management of a national federation in good standing with the UOC and meet the admission requirements below. Female candidates are strongly encouraged. UOC shall following evaluation of receiving nominations send three nominations to the Germany Embassy Kampala, who shall conduct interviews and do the final selection of the candidate to attend the training that commences 27th February to 31 July 2017. More details about the course can be found at: http://itk.spowi.uni-leipzig.de/en/about-the-studies-application/admission-requirements/
Kindly take note of the admission requirements:
1. The 5-month postgraduate study courses are open to applicants with permanent residence in a developing country in Africa, Asia, Europe or Latin America included in the DAC list of OECD.
2. Educational requirements
Participation is open to male and female applicants who have already successfully completed a full course of university education in the field of physical education or sport or who can prove adequate qualifications.
3. Professional experience
In order to be accepted for one of our postgraduate courses proof of the applicant’s professional activities is required, e.g. as a physical education teacher, coach in the selected sports discipline, sports advisor, sports coordinator or the like.
4. Experience as an athlete
All applicants should have made own experiences as active athletes in the sports discipline of the selected course (not applicable for the course Sports for the disabled).
5. Language proficiency
All applicants have to prove good mastery either of the (written and spoken) language of the selected course, unless it is an official language of their home country, or of the German language.
6. Medical fitness
Applications have to be rejected if the applicant suffers from a disease that can present a significant risk for the health of other participants or that might seriously undermine the studies. A medical form has to be filled in and included in the application in order to assess the physical fitness of all applicants.
Applicants must not be over 40 years of age.
8. Applications have to be rejected if the applicant does not fulfill the admission qualifications as stated in 1-5 or if the dossier is not complete (with all required documents) or if the application has not been submitted until the application deadline.
9. In consultation with the Foreign Office, already accepted applicants may still be excluded from the course if it is proven that they included false information in their application dossier. In this case the participant concerned has to return to his or her home country immediately.
Looking forward to receiving your nominations.
We are pleased to advise that the CANA Zone IV swimming Championships is a FINA - approved event at which swimmers can achieve A 8: B FINA qualifying times for the 17th FINA World Championships in Budapest, Hungary 2017.
Intention to compete - 30 November 2016
Preliminary Team Entry Forms - 15 December 2016
Accommodation Requirements - 15 December 2016
Travel Arrangements - 15 January 2017
Team entries on Hytek ﬁle (swimming) - 15 January 2017
Final Accommodation Payment - 15 January 2017
Combined Team Scores - Through Event 100
|1. Tanzania Swimming Association||2484|
|2. Zambia Swimming||2398|
|3. Team Uganda||2125|
|4. Republic OF South Africa||1094|
|5. Team Rwanda||852|
Women - Team Rankings - Through Event 100
|1. Tanzania Swimming Association||1208|
|2. Zambia Swimming||1096|
|3. Team Uganda||923|
|4. Republic OF South Africa||567|
|5. Team Rwanda||320|
Men - Team Rankings - Through Event 100
|1. Zambia Swimming||1231|
|2. Tanzania Swimming Association||1209|
|3. Team Uganda||1170|
|4. Team Rwanda||504|
|5. Republic OF South Africa||487|
Please note that the USF has postponing the 2nd USF National Open Swimming & Masters Championships that was scheduled to take place on 11 - 12 November 2016 at GEMS Cambridge International School Kampala.
Please note the Program for the 1st USF Medical Seminar which many of you have confirmed to attend this Sunday 7 November 2016 at UOC.
You are reminded to come with a pen and notebook. You are also reminded to be registered and seated by 9.45 am in order for the Seminar to start and end on time.
|1000-1015 hrs||Arrival and Registration||USF|
|1015-1030 hrs||Opening remarks||USF|
|1030-1130 hrs||Athlete Mental Health||Rosco Kasujja (PhD) Clinical Psychologist (MUK)|
|1130-1230 hrs||Hygiene and Health||Dr. Sabrina Bakeera-KitakaSenior Lecturer
(Paediatric & Adolescent Health Specialist)
Department of Paediatrics (MUK)
|Education/ Career on and off the field|
|1230-1330 hrs||Antidoping||Christopher Mbowa UOC Medical Commission
|1330-1400 hrs||Closing remarks||USF|
Download the Summons/Event List/Rules for the 2nd National Open Swimming & Masters Championships due from 12 - 13 November 2016 at the GEMS Cambridge International School Kampala.
Please note the key dates as contained in the Summons & Rules summarized below:
1 - Monday 7 November 2016: Deadline for Return of Entries by Email; and
2 - Wednesday 9 November 2016: Team Managers' Meeting at the UOC Offices starting at 5.30 pm. This Meeting is a must-attend for all Coaches/Club Representatives.
You should observe further that -
1. The Championship is STRICTLY for USF Affiliated Member Clubs only. Non - Affiliates may be allowed to participate if they seek USF authorization and pay a surcharge of UGX 100,000/=.
2. A Club can enter only 1 Team for the Championships;
3.MASTERS are encouraged to sign up for the Competition.
4. A club can enter an unlimited number of athletes per individual at UGX 5,000/= per Event and only 1 relay team per relay event at UGX 10,000/= per Relay Event.
5. All Entries must be accompanied with Entry Times for the Events to be swum for seeding purposes.
6. USF MAY ACCEPT late entries upon payable of a LATE ENTRY FEE of UGX 10,000/= for Individual Events and a LATE ENTRY FEE of UGX 50,000/= for Relay Events.
7. All Clubs should ensure that they have no arrears of unpaid affiliation fees/coaches fees or swimmers fees for 2015 or 2016 by 9 November 2016.
Please confirm receipt of the Summons and indicate whether your Club/Team will be participating, as we await receipt of your Entries.
Please note that the Medical Seminar has been postponed to Sunday 6 November 2016 to allow more participants, some of whom will have returned to the country.
We are therefore extending the time for confirmation of attendance to Wednesday 2 November 2016.