From The Uganda Swimming Federation
Uganda has sent a Team of 8 to the ongoing 13th FINA World Swimming Championships 2 - 12 December 2016 and will be represented as follows -
1. Dr. Donald RUKARE - FINA Bureau Member/ USF President
2. Mr. Peter S. MUGISHA - FINA Referee/USF 1st Vice President (Administration)
3. Mr. Abel D. KYAKULUMBYE - Team Coach/USF 2nd Vice President (Technical) - NF representative at the FINA Delegates Convention and the SC Swimming Championships
4. Dr. Nana J. NAKIDDU - USF Executive Committee Member/Chairperson Medical Commission - attending FINA Medical Convention
5. Mr. Tonnie KASUJJA - USF National Coach - attending the FINA Coaches Gold Clinic
6. Mr. Joshua Tibatemwa EKIRIKUBINZA - Swimmer/Team Captain
7. Mr. Arnold S. KISULO - Swimmer
8. Ms. Anthea N. MUDANYE - Swimmer
We would like to kindly request that you forward to us nominations of suitable candidates for consideration to attend the training course on Sports Management for 2017 at Leipzig University in Germany by cob Wednesday 30th November 2016. Preference is for senior management of a national federation in good standing with the UOC and meet the admission requirements below. Female candidates are strongly encouraged. UOC shall following evaluation of receiving nominations send three nominations to the Germany Embassy Kampala, who shall conduct interviews and do the final selection of the candidate to attend the training that commences 27th February to 31 July 2017. More details about the course can be found at: http://itk.spowi.uni-leipzig.de/en/about-the-studies-application/admission-requirements/
Kindly take note of the admission requirements:
1. The 5-month postgraduate study courses are open to applicants with permanent residence in a developing country in Africa, Asia, Europe or Latin America included in the DAC list of OECD.
2. Educational requirements
Participation is open to male and female applicants who have already successfully completed a full course of university education in the field of physical education or sport or who can prove adequate qualifications.
3. Professional experience
In order to be accepted for one of our postgraduate courses proof of the applicant’s professional activities is required, e.g. as a physical education teacher, coach in the selected sports discipline, sports advisor, sports coordinator or the like.
4. Experience as an athlete
All applicants should have made own experiences as active athletes in the sports discipline of the selected course (not applicable for the course Sports for the disabled).
5. Language proficiency
All applicants have to prove good mastery either of the (written and spoken) language of the selected course, unless it is an official language of their home country, or of the German language.
6. Medical fitness
Applications have to be rejected if the applicant suffers from a disease that can present a significant risk for the health of other participants or that might seriously undermine the studies. A medical form has to be filled in and included in the application in order to assess the physical fitness of all applicants.
Applicants must not be over 40 years of age.
8. Applications have to be rejected if the applicant does not fulfill the admission qualifications as stated in 1-5 or if the dossier is not complete (with all required documents) or if the application has not been submitted until the application deadline.
9. In consultation with the Foreign Office, already accepted applicants may still be excluded from the course if it is proven that they included false information in their application dossier. In this case the participant concerned has to return to his or her home country immediately.
Looking forward to receiving your nominations.
We are pleased to advise that the CANA Zone IV swimming Championships is a FINA - approved event at which swimmers can achieve A 8: B FINA qualifying times for the 17th FINA World Championships in Budapest, Hungary 2017.
Intention to compete - 30 November 2016
Preliminary Team Entry Forms - 15 December 2016
Accommodation Requirements - 15 December 2016
Travel Arrangements - 15 January 2017
Team entries on Hytek ﬁle (swimming) - 15 January 2017
Final Accommodation Payment - 15 January 2017
Combined Team Scores - Through Event 100
|1. Tanzania Swimming Association||2484|
|2. Zambia Swimming||2398|
|3. Team Uganda||2125|
|4. Republic OF South Africa||1094|
|5. Team Rwanda||852|
Women - Team Rankings - Through Event 100
|1. Tanzania Swimming Association||1208|
|2. Zambia Swimming||1096|
|3. Team Uganda||923|
|4. Republic OF South Africa||567|
|5. Team Rwanda||320|
Men - Team Rankings - Through Event 100
|1. Zambia Swimming||1231|
|2. Tanzania Swimming Association||1209|
|3. Team Uganda||1170|
|4. Team Rwanda||504|
|5. Republic OF South Africa||487|
Please note that the USF has postponing the 2nd USF National Open Swimming & Masters Championships that was scheduled to take place on 11 - 12 November 2016 at GEMS Cambridge International School Kampala.